Dr. Candi Finch (Chair)
Jenet Jacob Erickson, Ruel Haymond, Warwich Marsh, Miriam Grossman MD
This segment was EXTREMELY full to overflowing! There were easily 4 times more people standing than there were seated in the chairs. It definitely was a standing room only ordeal. I will give you an overview of what the bulk of the speakers discussed then, bullet points of some specifics.
It appeared to me that the speakers spent more of their time regarding the importance of fathers in the marriage, home, or equation, than all about the mothers role. This was the case with the two male speakers for sure and Jenet spent a good amount of time with both genders. Dr. Grossman did speak primarily about the uniqueness of motherhood and the science behind it.
Jenet Erikson: Dad’s Don’t Mother, and Mom’s Don’t Father
- Just as the right and left sides of the brain are not identical, they complement each other and function in harmony just as Mom’s and Dad’s are different yet complement each other.
- Oxytocin: Turns on mothering behavior. For women it encourages “cooing and cuddling” yet with men it encourages stimulus “tossing and tickling” (and bouncing of the baby). It also helps mothers hold and help children “inwardly” (mothers cradle and hold the baby as close as possible), while with fathers, they help children “outwardly” in the way they hold the baby (football carry or on their shoulders so the baby can look outwardly). Mothers spend their time teaching and explaining while fathers engage children in “play” and “rough-housing.”
Warwick: Co-Founder of the Fatherhood Foundation
- Interesting to note, 3 months prior to the birth of the baby, the testosterone level of the man goes down significantly. It remains that way for approx 6 months after the birth of the baby (The mom’s seems to be very grateful).
- Interesting note: Of single-parent families who attend church regularly with their children. Mothers who take their children, 2% of children will attend regularly when they become adults
- Fathers who take their children to church, 22% of children will attend regularly and 44% occasionally as adults.
Malachi … “Hearts of the Fathers turned to the Children and the hearts of the Children to the Fathers… (The Fathers need to work FIRST).
- Ruel Haymond: Teacher, American Heritage School “The Fatherlessness in America”
- Fatherlessness and the lack of Godly Fatherhood has become the way it is in part of to the availability Welfare and the ease of Divorce in our society.
- Comparison of the Fall of Rome to the future Fall of America
- Statistics from the Children’s Legal Foundation in reference to Boys coming from Fatherless homes:
- 90% of Runaway Boys come from Fatherless homes
- 70% are in Juvenile Detention Centers
- 75% are in Chemical Abuse Centers
- 85% are or have been prisoners
- 80% of rapists come from fatherless homes
- 85% have behavioral problems
- 63% have had successful suicides
Miriam Grossman MD: Unprotected, “New Research on Mother-Baby Bonding”
- God is in his most “un-hidden” state with regard to the reproductive process & female biology
- You cannot argue with “Hard Science” (ie., MRI’s and CT Scans). Soft Science is not as cut/dry
- Science is the ammunition against abortion and might be called “weapons of mass destruction.” Science–hard science–is on our side of the battle
- Babies know the unique scent of the mother (due to the amniotic fluid the baby floats in for months during gestation). The babies begin to taste in the end of the 1st trimester and beginning of the 2nd. And, the baby begins to recognize the mothers voice in the 9th
- Babies have pheromones that the mother can recognize.
Latest posts by Bethany Packard (see all)
- Spotty Shower Glass and Foggy Testimony: Daily Attention Cures Both - January 18, 2018
- Can You Turn on the Dark? - November 21, 2017
- That We May Always Remember Them, and Him - October 12, 2017