- From good people who take the time to study the United States government.
- From God-fearing people who accept and act on the will of God.
- From you and from me.
Our country is still a great country, and we should honor its rightful place as the Promised Land, but it has lost its footing and balances precariously along its mountaintop stance. Please read the attached post of ways we can honor our dear country. The writer lists simple, and not so simple, things we should know and do in the political realm. Each of us has the ability. Each of us has the calling. Each one of us loves our country enough to
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson said,
“Unfortunately, we as a nation have apostatized in various degrees from different Constitutional principles as proclaimed by the inspired founders. We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said: ‘Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground, and when the Constitution is upon the brink of ruin, this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean, and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction’ (19 July 1840, as recorded by Martha Jane Knowlton Coray; ms. in Church Historian’s Office, Salt Lake City).
For centuries our forefathers suffered and sacrificed that we might be the recipients of the blessings of freedom. If they were willing to sacrifice so much to establish us as a free people, should we not be willing to do the same to maintain that freedom for ourselves and for future generations?” (“Our Divine Constitution,” Oct. 1987).
The author of this attached post is Loraine T. Pace who, as a homemaker and mother of six children, decided she needed to do something for the people of Utah. This is her list of accomplishments as she searched out her place to do good:
- Board Member, Cache County Federation of Republican Women
- Chair, Cache County Republican Party
- Volunteer, Division of Family Services
- Advisory Board, Early Childhood Development
- Volunteer, Guardian Ad Litem Coordinator for Abused Children
- Author, A Century of History 1896 to 1996: A History of the Utah Republican Party
- Vice Chair, Utah Republican Party, 1992-1995.
- Appointed to Utah House of Representatives, 1997
- Representative, Utah House of Representatives, District 4, 1997-2004