(See all this blank space?)
For a writer that’s not good and for me personally, it’s unbelievable. Somehow though, I was able to find 431 words for this post. But, “if a picture paints a thousand words” the 8:13 minute video below could fill volumes.
The video, recently released on the HiHo Kids YouTube channel as part of their “Kids Meet” series , introduces tweens and mid-teens to someone who’s had an abortion. Activist group ‘Shout Your Abortion’ , co-founder, Amelia Bonow, does her best to convince her young interviewers that abortion is normal and almost cool.
Here are a few of the highlights for me:
- In answering what having an abortion was like…. “They just suck the pregnancy out…It was like a crappy dentist appointment or something”.
- In response to the option of adoption…. “I feel if I am forced to create life then I have lost the right to my own life…..Even if you’re giving a kid up for adoption you still, like, have a kid out there somewhere, you know?”. (So, if she doesn’t want her child then no one else can have it either? The epitome of selfishness.)
- Being asked what she thinks God thinks about abortion…… “I think it’s all part of God’s plan”. (AHHHHH!!!!! This is me screaming, not her.)
- Be sure to listen to her response as an unborn child is likened to a sea cucumber.
- When asked if she’s shared the fact that she’s had an abortion with a lot of people or just her close family……. ”I told my Lyft driver on the way over here.” (Clearly, this is something deeply personal. Not.)
- On why she felt she wanted to tell everyone she’d had an abortion…. ”I felt like the pro-choice movement was really silent.” (Insert me with my mouth wide open and blinking wildly in disbelief here.)
- “To me, the phrase pro-life is propaganda because often the people that say that don’t want to take care of people who have babies that they can’t afford and then are totally poor. They want to deprive people of access to healthcare, and, I’m just like, that’s not, you guys aren’t pro-life. I’m pro-life.”
- On being asked if she feels defined by having an abortion…… “It feels like like I’m living my exact life. God’s plan.”
If you are not talking to your children about abortion, these people are. ‘Shout Your Abortion’, along with other organized groups and society in general – including media, those in education, and countless others are attempting to normalize the killing of unborn children by desensitizing living children to it.
 “Kids Meet….”, run by Cut.com
 “Bonow’s group has since 2015 urged post-abortive women to share their stories as a means of ending the social stigma surrounding abortion procedures. Her movement now occupies a relatively mainstream place in the pro-abortion firmament and pushes the notion that women should not be made to feel guilty for having availed themselves of their “reproductive rights.” -nationalreview.com, “Leave the Children Out of It” by Alexandera Desanctis, January 9, 2019